Friday, August 3, 2007

Thing #21--Podcasts

Some really interesting podcasts are out there. I was under the impression
they were video only, and I don't understand where that idea came from.
NPR "Story of the Day" and "Science Friday Podcasts" were 2 RSS feeds I subscribed
from podcast.net and "Common Sense with Dan Carlin" from podcastalley.com.
Searched on yahoo, subscribed and it loaded to my yahoo account, which is fine.
Went to Merlin and looked at the podcasts at several library sites.
I really like the audio with the text of the children's stories, and the children stories with automatic page turning. These are very nice technology tools, but a child sitting on a parent's lap
is the best way to turn a page.
Sharing the night with an author was a nice service by Kankakee Public Library.
Patrons, such as our Book Buddies that cannot physically access the library, would
really enjoy these, as well as patrons that could not attend for whatever reason.
I know that colleges are starting to use podcasting for students to access lectures
after the actual lecture has occurred. This is really good for students to review areas
that their notes may not be clear (no excuse for a failing grade!!).
Well....that's all that I have to say about that..!!

No comments: